Monday, July 23, 2007

I am honored

You are all so wonderful! Thank you for including me. <3+1

I also am on a path to weight loss, but the tracking thing never worked for me. I am too simple-minded to even have a gas budget. However, growing up Catholic, I have a large portion of my brain reserved for guilt, and its a pretty good scale everyday of whether I know if I've done well or not.

Highest I ever was was 205 lbs. Granted, I'm very dense and have thick bones, but I really deep down hated myself. But then I went in for endometriosis surgery and because of being on the IV I lost close to 10 lbs (mostly water weight I know) but I decided then that I wasn't going to get it back. That was February 2006. I've been losing about 1-2 lbs a month since then because of walking or jogging and quitting sugared sodas. I am this morning, 1.5 years later, at 161, size 10. I am going to post "before" pictures when I get to my work computer.

Part of my weight loss was spurred by my divorce and change in eating habits. I now no longer eat a full meal at dinner, and that helps a lot. Lunch is my big meal and dinner is often a yogurt smoothie + v8 or a bowl of cereal several hours before bed. But I still have a number of bad habits.

I have two goals: 20 more lbs and fight off the dymensia and cancer that has taken nearly every member of my mom's side of the family, which means actually eating right, not just eating less. That's going to be the hardest part for me as I'm not a talented cook nor do I like things like fish. But I need to try because if not I have maybe 15-20 more years before my brain starts to die like all my relatives.

I love you all and I want to help (and get help) if I can. I think its so great that we're doing athletic related fun things together. It really inspires me. Some friends go out drinking together, but we're working on going out in the sun to be healthy together.

No comments: